Free shipping all over the world.
of Uruguayan Sheep
1. Freedom from hunger or thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour
2. Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
3. Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment
4. Freedom from express (most) normal behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind
5. Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering
Bronca was established by the twin brothers, Jose Ignacio (Nacho) & Juan Pablo Portela in early 2018.
The twins having been raised in the countryside, shared their lives with very poor children in rural area in Uruguay South America , where their father managed a ranch.
Every morning at 5 am from the ages of 6 years until 10 years the twins rode their horses 9 miles to school and back in the Menafra Rio Negro area. They were always covered by ponchos. The most valuable apparel in those times for climate and comfort.
Most of their friends at that age also rode horses and relied on the school for food and support. The majority of the kids received one meal per day provided by the school.
“Be the change you want to see in the world”
We thank you for your purchase and support. Now you are a part of the BRONCA family. Always remember when you wear this poncho, how we used to wear them as well riding to school every morning looking for education at the age of six. We never thought our ponchos would feed hungry children all over the planet.
Feel proud to wear this poncho and warm hearted you are helping children everywhere!
Thank you for believing in us!
The Portela Bros.